Are you an ESRC grant holder who has a grant that has ended and are required by the ESRC to submit your research data into the ReShare repository?
Are you a researcher interested in depositing data into ReShare, to make them available for reuse or as evidence for a published paper? Are you just curious to explore how publishing in ReShare happens in practice?
If so, come and join an interactive online group session, led by experts at the UK Data Service, where we’ll ‘walk’ you through the process of submitting a data collection into the ReShare repository. You can then start describing and uploading your own data collection. We will be there to answer any questions you may have and to help you, should you encounter problems. At the end you can submit your data collection and after a final review by us, we’ll publish it. Or you can opt to save your data collection for later submission.
During the session you’ll learn:
- How to start the process of depositing data into ReShare
- How to describe a data collection well (i.e. which metadata to provide
- Why providing detailed and accurate metadata is important
- How to prepare and upload your data files and documentation files
- How to decide upon the most suitable access level and licence for your data
- How we review your data before publishing it
Before joining the online session you’ll need to register with the UK Data Service and have your data and documentation files prepared according to our guidelines. Booking will be limited to 15 people and priority will be given to ESRC grant holders whose grant has recently ended.
For further information and applying to attend http://ukdataservice.ac.uk/news-and-events/eventsitem/?id=4174