Hello everybody! :-)
I recently joined "the club" and I'm really looking forward to interesting discussions...
At present, I have a little qualitative project with my students about how different aspects of hospitality
can be examined. So, we try to explore multiple facets of the topic:
- the settings where hospitality can be observed
- the different roles and positions of the people involved
- which cultural differences can be figured out
- which communicative structures frame the situation
- are there any universal gestures, structures, rules?
Its a very broad, but also very facinating topic... :-))
As we are in a the explorative phase (working with observation in familiar settings and at university at the moment), ideas, suggestions for methodical practices or fields, setting etc. are very very welcome!
Thanks & all the best!