I’ve spent this past weekend in Washington DC at the American Library Association’s summer conference. It’s one of our biggest library shows and it was the first one that we’ve used to start promoting SRMO ahead of the launch.
The response was really fantastic. I was miked up for a couple of demos at the booth where so many people attended we ran out of chairs. Lots of librarians who visited us to talk about SRMO said their faculty had already been in touch with them to talk about the product. We scheduled a large number of libraries with access to the beta later is year to help us test the product which will be incredibly useful as we work on the final tweaks towards the end of the year.
We even did some user testing on the booth. IFactory ensured the latest build of the product was available for live demos and we did some user testing with Kathleen Folger from the University of Michigan library who is on our Library Development Group. Kathleen really drilled into the Methods Map and suggested some great ways we could make some of the elements more intuitive.
So it’s home time now with some food for thought on some tweaks we can make to the interface and a lot of excitement about the responses from the weekend.