This half-day workshop will introduce participants to the data available from the UK Data Service.
The workshop is aimed primarily at research postgraduates but will be of relevance to other social scientists, research methods teachers and librarians who wish to learn more about the resources and support offered by the UK Data Service.
It will involve a mixture of presentation, group work and hands-on computing sessions using the UK Data Service website to:
- explore the range of datasets available for reuse including quantitative and qualitative data
- demonstrate how data can be searched, accessed, browsed and analysed online using a variety of resource discovery and data analysis tools
- showcase the wide variety of data support materials available, for example video tutorial guides and methodological guides
- provide information on managing and sharing research data and available help and guidance
- highlight further training events
The workshop will take place between 13.00 and 17.00 and is located in Pevensey 1B5, which is number 52 on the map.
For further information and booking: http://ukdataservice.ac.uk/news-and-events/eventsitem/?id=3743