This free one-day workshop will focus on both the aggregate and flow outputs from recent censuses.
Aggregate data provide area counts, usually of individuals or households with particular characteristics. Flow data are a type of aggregate data which are used to track movements between two geographies; home and work, origin and destination, or first and second residence.
This workshop will include:
- an introduction concerning the census and the outputs available through UK Data Service Census Support
- overview of the Census, and specifically aggregate and flow data
- demonstration of both the InFuse and WICID interfaces
- hands-on exercises using InFuse and WICID interfaces
- opportunity to use our older interface, Casweb, which provides access to data from the 1971, 1981,1991 and 2001 censuses
- opportunities for participants to ask the presenters questions about their own use of census aggregate and flow data
For further details and booking please visit: http://census.ukdataservice.ac.uk/news-and-events/eventsitem/?id=4146