This is a one day introductory workshop which looks at the initial stages involved in undertaking a research project using survey data from the UK Data Service collection.
We will focus on the steps involved in:
- clarifying a research question
- using the UK Data Service Discover tool to locate data
- evaluating data for your research purposes
- starting to use exploratory analysis to understand your chosen dataset
To do this we will focus on generating research questions about a current topical issue.
This session will use a mixture of presentation, group work and hands-on computing sessions using the UK Data Service website.
The workshop is suitable for those with no previous experience of the UK Data Service, or of reusing data for an analysis. There are no prerequisites.
- £30.00 – UK-registered students
- £60.00 – staff at UK academic institutions and research centres, ESRC-funded researchers, UK-registered charity and voluntary organisations, staff in public sector and Government
- £150.00 – all other participants including commercial
Further information and booking: https://www.ukdataservice.ac.uk/news-and-events/eventsitem/?id=4252