The MethodSpace focus for October was on Action Research, and we are continuing to share posts on these participatory methods. November is Academic Writing Month with a 2020 focus on Publishing Trends (and what they mean for academic writers.) You can find the unfolding series of Action Research posts through this link, and you can find the AcWriMo posts through this link.
Geoff Mills is Emeritus Professor in Education at Southern Oregon University and the author of Action Research: A Guide for the Teacher Researcher 6th Edition. He has a long history of publication in Research Methods texts and is particularly known for his work applying action research in educational contexts. He has worked collaboratively with Ernie Stringer and talks with him about their long and productive relationship within the academic work. Like Ernie, he focuses particularly on resources that assist practitioners to enhance their professional practice through the use of action research processes.
Relevant MethodSpace Posts
- Action Research Podcast: Interview with the Editors
- Action Research: Collected Posts
- Creative & Collaborative Action Research: Keep Talking
- Acting to Learn and Learning to Act: Podcast
- Action Research with AR+
- Sentient methods in Action Research—A conversation with Iñigo Retolaza Eguren
- Kaleidoscope of Voices
- Extending epistemology for programme evaluation – can After Action Reviews become spaces for critical reflection?
- Social work & developmental approaches to Action Research—A conversation with Rosalie Dwyer