The MethodSpace focus for October is on Action Research. Our Mentors-in-Residence this month are Ernie Stringer and Alfredo Ortiz Aragon, co-authors of a new edition of the text Action Research. You can find the unfolding series of posts through this link.
Adam Stieglitz and Joe Levitan are both engaged in action research and education in Peru. Adam is the director and co-founder of the Andean Alliance for Sustainable Development. Joe is the Co-Founder and Director of Development and Education of the Pallata Community Education Center.
Their common interests led them to create The Action Research Podcast. This podcast series is aimed at the researcher who wants to learn more about the scholarship and practice of action research. In the podcast’s prequel episode, Adam and Joe talk briefly about what The Action Research Podcast is, why they created it, and what you can expect to hear in the series. The podcast is freely available on Spotify and Apple Podcasts.
I had a chance to talk with Adam and Joe about their work in the Andes, their collaboration, and their podcast.
Download this flier to share the podcast with your colleagues and students:
Relevant MethodSpace Posts
- Sentient methods in Action Research—A conversation with Iñigo Retolaza Eguren
- Kaleidoscope of Voices
- Extending epistemology for programme evaluation – can After Action Reviews become spaces for critical reflection?
- Social work & developmental approaches to Action Research—A conversation with Rosalie Dwyer
- Amplifying the voices of youth in peacebuilding through Action Research
- Commit to change and improve practice through Action Research
- Roots And Wings Of Action Research