Out of your depth in the Covid-19 era?
Finding, changing, and progressing in an academic or research career has never been easy. The global pandemic has added new dimensions and unknowns to the careers of many who thought they were in secure positions, and disorientation to those who were already on the edge. During June and July career issues have been the central focus on MethodSpace. Here you can find all of the posts from the series, and a few relevant posts from the MethodSpace archives. Feel free to share these open-access resources with colleagues or students!
Introduction to the series: Research Career Crossroads: Focus for June & July
View or read: Interviews with researchers and authors
- Academic Arrhythmia: Interview with Researchers
- Career Crossroads for Scholar Practitioners: Interview with Dr. Gary Burkholder
- Collaboration Skills = Career Skills
- More interviews with successful textbook authors
Study curated sets of open-access articles
Present your work in ways that build your credibility
- Career Skills: Graphic Recording
- Creating visuals that inspire real-time conversation
- From Stale to Stellar: The Truth Behind How to Create an Engaging Scientific Webinar
- How to Lead a Videoconference
- Inspiring wise action: Practices for storytellers of all kinds
- Share What You Know
- Thinking about writing a journal article?
Consider and prepare for new career options
- Becoming a Citizen Scientist
- Questions about an Alt-Ac career? Ask the experts!
- Research for Non-Tenure Track Faculty in the Covid Era
- Resources for Research Career Preparation: Podcasts and articles
Teaching and guiding students