In the first quarter of 2021 we explore design steps, starting with a January focus on research questions. We continue to learn about the design stage in February and March by focusing on Choosing Methodology and Methods, and Ethical Research.
In this research conversation Dr. Nicole Brown describes how she uses creative methods, and why she has decided to use these approaches, given the population and the nature of her research.
Learn more from Nicole Brown with these open-access articles:
Brown, N. (2019). Emerging researcher perspectives: Finding your people: My challenge of developing a creative research methods network. International Journal of Qualitative Methods, 18, 1-3. DOI: 10.1177/1609406918818644.
Brown, N. (2018). Exploring the lived experience of fibromyalgia using creative data collection. Cogent Social Sciences, 4(1), 1447759. DOI: 10.1080/23311886.2018.1447759.
Brown, N. (2018). Video-conference interviews: Ethical and methodological concerns in the context of health research. SAGE Research Methods Cases. DOI: 10.4135/9781526441812.
Relevant MethodSpace Posts
- Conducting Focus Groups
- Participant Observation
- Collecting Data with Observations
- Theoretical Windows and Conceptual Mirrors: Using Theoretical Frameworks to arm your Conceptual Framework
- Creative Methods for supporting social science students in qualitative remote research
- Open-Access Research Journals
- Is Photo Elicitation Right for Your Study?