MethodSpace will explore phases of the research process throughout 2021. In the first quarter we explore design steps, starting with a January focus on research questions. Find the unfolding series here.
With more and more of our communication occurring online, the records of such conversations are of interest to researchers. If you are thinking about a study of online interactions, publications from MethodSpace contributor Dr. Trena Paulus should be on your resource list!
Listen here to the latest NVivo Podcast featuring Dr. Trena Paulus and co-author Dr. Alyssa Wise. They talk with Stacy Penna about their research design framework for studying online talk. The framework is based on their recent book, Looking for Insight, Transformation, and Learning in Online Talk, published by Routledge. Also see this video interview:
You might also be interested in Dr. Paulus’ recent SAGE book: Doing Qualitative Research in a Digital World.
Relevant MethodSpace Posts
- What is Narrative Research Methodology?
- Figuring Out What to Do: Making Methodological Decisions Across our Practices
- Grounded Theory
- A research conversation: New thinking about research design
- Research Design Steps
- Transcending an essentialized qualitative/quantitative divide when making methodological choices
- Collaborative Thinking & Writing about Methodology
- Choosing a Methodology