Date(s) - 10/23/2019
10:30 am - 12:30 pm
In recognition of Open Access Week and Media and Information Literacy Week, Office of the Vice Chancellor for Research at Ahvaz Jundishapur University of Medical Sciences organize “Open Science and Open Access Publishing: Equity in Open Knowledge” workshop on Wednesday, 23 October 2019.
This workshop covers some components of open science, remarks the challenges specific to open access, and illustrates the ways in which the new technology and tools can improve research in terms of collaboration, efficiency, and productivity.
In this workshop, Alireza Salehi Nejad elaborates on the concept of open science, what encourages authors to choose open access publishing, and explores whether there are any specific points to consider when opting for OA publishing.
The workshop participants will further their comprehension of open access with a clear understanding of the potential matters they should consider when it comes to open access publishing.
This event is endorsed by
- Center for Open Science
- Cyberspace Research Policy Center
- International Association of Communication in Healthcare
- Iranian World Studies Association
- UNESCO Chair on Cyberspace & Culture
- UNESCO Chair on E-Learning & Teaching
- UNESCO Chair on the Communication of Science & Technology
Learning outcomes and the topics of presentation:
- What is open access?
- OA journals
- OA archives or repositories
- OA books
- Why does open access matter?
- Highly effective research data
- Benefits of open access
- The main routes to open access
- OA licenses
- Article sharing policy
- The legal fine print
- Open access in the humanities and social sciences
- A report on the analysis of open data
- Open access funding
- How academicians and institutions can promote open access
Date: Wednesday, 23 October 2019
Venue: Office of the Vice Chancellor for Research, Ahvaz Jundishapur University of Medical Sciences, Ahvaz, Iran
About the speaker:
Alireza Salehi Nejad is a researcher at the Cyberspace Research Policy Center at the Faculty of World Studies of University of Tehran, a veteran reviewer and an Associate Editor of DOAJ, who has an extensive experience of collaborating with publishers and open access journals.