Academic Writing Month, AcWriMo, is a time when many writers make a special effort to power through and make progress on a large project. For others, AcWriMo is a time to learn new skills and to think about goals for writing and getting published. The global community that emerges on social media sites during November is refreshing for writers who typically struggle alone. AcWriMo on MethodSpace focused on diverse ways researchers can get their work out, in the hope that readers would find new ideas that might further their own academic and professional aspirations.
This autumn AcWriMo followed our October focus on Research for Social Good. Many of these posts are also relevant to writers, given the ideas, experiences, and practices regarding ethics and research that were discussed.
We had terrific guest posts for both of these series. Guest writers hail from the UK, Australia, New Zealand, China, Italy, Greece, Canada and the US. Visit their posts and see what they had to say!
In case you haven’t been following the Focus Series, here are the posts:
Dissertation or Thesis
- Dissertation/Thesis Tips from TAA
- Writing Strategies and Ethical Considerations
- Writing a Doctoral Thesis Differently for Social Justice
Ethics and Academic Honesty
- Ethical Research for Social Good
- Honesty and Originality in Academic Writing
- Research for Social Good Means Addressing Scientific Misconduct
- Research for Good: Ethics & Leadership
- What can we do about scientific misconduct?
Independent or Self Publishing
- From Dissertation to Book: An Author Interview
- Self Publishing from a Dissertation: An Author Interview
- Adventures in Setting up a New Journal
- Thinking about a journal article? Tips from an editor.
- What do journal editors want?
Research for Social Good
- Creative Approach to Studying Social Problems: Lessons from a Popular Case Study
- Leading research on climate change from SAGE
- More About Academic Writing for Social GoodOn Not Knowing as Insight for Research on Social Change
- Research for Good: Doing Research with NGOs in the Global South
- Research for Social Good: Whose Voice?
Teaching Researchers and Writers
- Cross-culturalism and the Application of Leadership Education in Mainland China
- Innovative & Inclusive Teaching to Prepare Future Researchers
- Academic Writing with Pen in Hand
- From solo to global: AcWriMo
- Office, Home, Coffee Shop? Space for Writing
Also, see the 2017 AcWriMo collection of posts from MethodSpace and TAA Abstract: Write with Purpose, Publish for Impact
Don’t miss MethodSpace posts! Log in to be subscribed and receive posts in your inbox. (No SPAM!)