Academic Research Publishing

Home Forums Methodspace discussion Academic Research Publishing

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    K Shahid

Considering people struggle to obtain good samples for their research, I was wondering how academics who publish articles in leading journals can come up with thousands of participants. I mean running web surveys might not always be useful way of obtain higher response rates.

Therefore does anyone know a tool or web based application we can use to recruit people and boost response rates. One possible way would be M-Turk. Any others please?

Thanks.

Network of people who have access to the target population sample is one way of how those in the academics get their thousands of participants. And basically, they do have their research assistants to collect their data for them. Web-based surveys may be helpful but reliability of responses remains to be confirmed. Some use googledocs but they still need a network to gather responses, usually through snowball sampling.

I’m not sure how to put it, but it’s a question of higher response rate vs accuracy, reliability and validity of responses.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.