Analysis of Process Efficiency

Home Forums Default Forum Analysis of Process Efficiency

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

I like to analyze the efficiency of Business Processes in Manufacturing Industries.What tools I can use for that purpose and How?

Hi George i am doing my thesis on efficiency of small holders on agricultural production.
    dear george i can help you much in this area.but i also face the problems that analyze the data such as DEA.
    George to analyze the efficiency you can use data envelopment analysis(DEA) or frontier analysis.
    to do this, first you have to collect data on inputs and out puts then depending on out put your method of analysis depends
    good start.reply soon.

Hi BIRHANU,
    Thank you for the reply. I don’t have much idea about DEA. Can you explain more.I can collect data on inputs and outputs as well as how to process it. But I don’t know how to analyze the process efficiency. Now the process is being done manually but it can be done using computer and the efficiency will increase. Can you elaborate the DEA?
    George Mathew

hi i am birhanu sorry for the delay.

Abiodun .A. Joachim
    Participant

Data Envelopment Analysis, an operations research/management science toool, may be most ideal for your study. This tool is readily used in a multi product multi input situation . You have software in the market that could assit you , in any case most texts in DEA come with software and usage details. Joe Zhu (2009)n Quantitative Models for Performance Evaluation and Benchmarking is one of such books

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • The forum ‘Default Forum’ is closed to new topics and replies.