Analyzing Software for Qualitative Research for Mac

Home Forums Default Forum Analyzing Software for Qualitative Research for Mac

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Kien Nguyen

Hi everyone,

I am currently doing my thesis with qualitative approach. This is time I need to use NVivo – an analysing software for qualitative data. However, the problem is that I am using Macbook Pro while NVivo for Mac hasn’t been released. NVivo’s producer delayed their software’s release day until June 2014.

So could you suggest me a qualitative software I can use in Macintosh instead of NVivo?

Your suggestion is very much appreciated. 

Best regards,

Kien

Kien Nguyen

Hi Hannah,

Great thanks for your suggestion. I have tried to run window on Mac but my Mac’s hard drive got a problem. Yeah, I will look at Dedoose to see how it works. 

Cheers,

Kien

Pat Bazeley
    Participant

MAXQDA have also just released their Mac version, so you might want to download a demo of that and have a look at it. Otherwiose, it might be a case of wait until June.

Kien Nguyen

I have tried to use Dedoose. It is much better than HyperResearch. However, the only problem is that I cannot code in vivo, namely, I cannot create code from the file. Rather, I had to create code tree before coding. And that is a bit contrary to what my approach – grounded theory – guides. Hix

Kien Nguyen

Thank you Pat. MaxQDA is good. I can create code in vivo from the file and easily link code to memos. The only concern is that it has been based on mixed methods approach rather than grounded theory approach. But I would try it in case I cannot use NVivo. 

Again, thank you.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • The forum ‘Default Forum’ is closed to new topics and replies.