analyzing summated rating scales

Home Forums Default Forum analyzing summated rating scales

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

My questionnaires are designed for summated scale. There are some number of questions designed to represent a specific construct. When I try to analyze on SPSS, it gives me results for individual items. What I want is analysis result for the construct not for individual items. What should I do to analyze that way?

Can you kindly let us know what procedure(s) you are using?

Dear Olana, Greetings. If you have research constructs you have a function in SPSS where you can summate them. Please go to compute variable- in target variable name the variable- and it will ask you type of the variable- Please add the variables in the numeric within brackets; for examples you want to summate for exclusivity for cars you may summate ( exiting+luxury+distinct-conservative-low cost)/5. You have to divide by 5 as there are five variables. You can add or subtract. Once you complete for all constructs you will be able to get the information for every construct. Hope i have made all the point clear. If you need any further information, please do contact me.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • The forum ‘Default Forum’ is closed to new topics and replies.