28th June 2013 at 9:40 pm #1513John W. CreswellParticipant
Dear Colleagues, Students, Practitioners, Policymakers, and others,
We have some exciting news to share with you! A new professional association – the Mixed Methods International Research Association (MMIRA) – is now enrolling members to form a world-wide research community.
Dues have been modestly set at $50/year for a regular membership, $20 per year for students/emeritus/retired members, $5.00/year for students/professors/citizens in developing nations, and an institutional membership for $100/year.
For these dues, you will receive:
- A special e-access subscription to the Journal of Mixed Methods Research;
- A 10% discounted rate for participation in the Annual MMIRA Conference that will be sponsored by the Association and hosted by one of several institutions around the world; the first conference will be at Boston College, June 27-29, 2014;
- Access to the new MMIRA Website (MMIRA.org) that will include research-rich pedagogical materials, dialogue among mixed methods scholars and students, and resources and news about the latest mixed methods initiatives, advances, and conferences;
- Leadership and mentoring opportunities in the MMIRA organization;
The MMIRA will provide a place where individuals from across the world can connect, interact, and discuss mixed methods related research and practice issues.
To join the MMIRA, go to the http://MMIRA.org and complete the registration form.
Please share this announcement with others that might be interested!
Pat Bazeley, Research Support/UNSW, Australia
Alan Bryman, University of Leicester
Helen Chin, University of Leeds, England
Cesar A. Cisneros, Universidad Autónoma Metropolitana, Iztapalapa, Mexico
Thomas Christ, University of Bridgeport, USA
Kathy Collins, University of Arkansas, USA
John W. Creswell, University of Nebraska, USA
Uwe Flick, Alice Salomon Hochschule Berlin, University of Applied Sciences, Germany
Dawn Freshwater, University of Leeds, England
Nancy Gerber, Drexel University, USA
Jennifer Greene, University of Illinois, USA
Sharlene Hesse-Biber, Boston College, USA
Janet Hirst, University of Leeds, England
Nataliya Ivankova, University of Alabama at Birmingham, USA
Burke Johnson, University of South Alabama, USA
Hisako Kakai, Aoyama Gakuin University, Japan
Udo Kelle, Helmut Schmidt Universitaet, Germany
Beth Larson, University of Wisconsin-Madison, USA
Donna Mertens, Gallaudet University, USA
Janice Morse, University of Utah, USA
Katrin Niglas, Tallinn University, Estonia
Alicia O’Cathain, University of Sheffield, England
Tony Onwuegbuzie, Sam Houston State University, USA
Cheryl Poth, University of Alberta, Canada
Abbas Tashakkori, University of North Texas, USA
Charles Teddlie, Louisiana State University, emeritus
Kim Usher, James Cook University, Australia
Caryn West, James Cook University, Australia
Jennifer Wisdom, George Washington University, USA
- The forum ‘Default Forum’ is closed to new topics and replies.