Anyone knows free software for qualitative data analysis?

Home Forums Default Forum Anyone knows free software for qualitative data analysis?

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Kien Nguyen

Hello everyone,

“R”, a software for quantitative data analysis, is as powerful as STATA, SAS, SPSS, but free.

Do anyone know of any free of charge software for qualitative data analysis? I just need a simple, but function some basic tasks in analysis like coding, grouping, writing memos. 

Thanks in advance for your kindness.

Best regards,

kien

Hi Kien,

I strongly suggest you have a look at QDA Miner Lite.  This is a totally free version of out commercial product QDA Miner, which is a qualitative software for mixed methods research.  The freeware version does not have all the analytical and retrieval capabilities of the full version, but all the qualitative analysis features you may need are there and may be used without any limitation:

QDA Miner Lite – Free qualitative software

QDA Miner Lite was published about two years ago and we already found several published qualitative studies that have used it.

Normand Peladeau

http://provalisresearch.com/products/qualitative-data-analysis-software/freeware/

Kien Nguyen

Hi Normand,

Thanks so much for this information. I really appreciate your help.

Best regards,

kien

Kien Nguyen

Hi Normand, 

I do not know why when I imported my documents in Vietnamese (even I converted all of them into rich text format or plain format), QDA Miner Lite could not read them. Do you know how to fix this problem? 

Thank you very much.

Best regards,

kien

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • The forum ‘Default Forum’ is closed to new topics and replies.