Asian Pacific Mixed Methods Network

Home Forums Default Forum Asian Pacific Mixed Methods Network

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 20 total)
  • Author
    Dr Roslyn Cameron
    Participant

If you are a mixed methods researcher from the Asia Pacific region I would like to here from you and gauge your interest in joining the Network.
    Cheers
    Ros

Gavin Melles

Hi Roslyn

Sure

Gavin Melles

Dr. Divya Sharma
    Participant

yes i m

Dr Roslyn Cameron
    Participant

Hi Divya
    Thank you for replying to the Asian Pacific Mixed Methods Network. I am currentlky negotiating to establish a webpage for the proposed Network and will inform you when this has been completed.
    Where do you research? What discipline field do you research in?
    Kind regards
    Ros Cameron

Tamkeen

Hi Dr Roslyn,
    Surely i am from Asia Pacific and i would love to be a part of this network.
    Thanks.
    Tamkeen

Hi Mom,
    I’m from Mataram, NTB, Indonesia, and now I’m starting my first year of Doctoral Program at Postgraduate Program Jakarta State University (UNJ).
    I work as a lecturer at Mataram Teaching and Learning Institute on Statistic and Research Methodology.
    And I want to hear more from you about this network.
    sincerely,
    Muhammad Iqbal

Dr Roslyn Cameron
    Participant

Dear Muhammad,
    Thank you for replying to the Asian Pacific Mixed Methods Network. I am currently negotiating to establish a webpage for the proposed Network and will inform you when this has been completed.
    What is the topic for your doctoral research? What discipline field do you research in? Are you planning to use mixed methods?
    You may also be interested in the journal I am editor for:
    International Journal of MIxed Methods in Applied Business & Policy Research
    It is listed under Resources- Journals
    Kind regards
    Ros Cameron

Dear Dr. Ros
    There are several issues that cross in my mind to be the topic of my doctoral research. The first of all is about the effectiveness of teacher education in NTB Indonesia. You may have heard that teacher profession recently becomes very popular among the people of Indonesia because its financial advantages and financial safety in the future. This makes any college and institute preparing teacher becomes the most wanted education by senior high school graduates. But, especially in NTB, my province, the index of its human resources development is still very poor. Thus, I’m interested to learn more about how effective the teacher education program. An evaluation study will be much more valuable if it is not only used one approach.
    At Mataram (it’s the capital of NTB), I work as a research consultant and data analyst offering consultancy (methodological help) to university students working for their thesis. The students who came to me are quite a lot, and this means that they don’t obtain adequate assistance from their formal counsellors, especially in research methodology and data analysis, both qualitative and quantitative. The students came from various background of knowledge, such as nursery, midwifery, economic, and education.
    Sincerely,
    Muhammad Iqbal

Hi. I’m Hasniza from malaysia. I’m still new in mixed methods research but i have strong interest in learning and using this method. Hope to hear from you.

Pat Bazeley
    Participant

Hi Muhammad,
    I think the problem of inadequate methodological help and advice for thesis students must be almost universal! This is creates a very large proportion of my consulting work as well, in Australia, so it’s not just a problem in developing nations.
    Pat

Ho Dr Roslyn,
    I am not a researcher of mixed methods, but I have taught mixed methods research in the MPH course in Bangladesh. I am ever interested in this so please count me in. Also, let me know how I can contribute on a regular but minimum basis.
    Best wishes,

Mizanur Rashid Shuvra, MPH, MBBS
    Visiting Instructor & DrPH candidate
    Department of Global Health
    George Washington University
    2175 K Street Suite 200, NW
    Washington DC -2037
    Phone: (o)202-994-1899 (c) 202-330-1977
    official email: mshuvra@gwmail.gwu.edu

Hello Dr. Roslyn Cameron,

I am from Nepal and would like to be in your network.

thanks

sudhamshu dahal

Hello, i’m still at the early stage of learning mixed methods. hope to apply this method in my study. So lucky to have people like you that have been taught mixed methods before. hope we can learn from each other.

Hello Dr, Cameron

I am a PhD Candidate of nursing from Persia and I am interested in joining the forum.
    I hope that I would be useful for the group.
    I have studied on the mixed method design as a coursework during my PhD, and surley I will be happy to share the gathered data with my friends.

Best

Siavash,
    From Persia.

Deepak Jones teddy
    Participant

Hello Dr.Cameron,

I am Deepak from India. I am not a researcher, but I am interested in Qualitative research, like to get new knowledge, travel and try new roads that are shown by experts.

Regards,

Deepak Jones Teddy

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 20 total)
  • The forum ‘Default Forum’ is closed to new topics and replies.