Calls for Chapters, Papers or Proposals

Home Forums Default Forum Calls for Chapters, Papers or Proposals

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Janet Salmons
    Keymaster

Post any calls relevant to online qualitative research!

Janet Salmons
    Keymaster

Call for Papers: Special Issue of the International Journal of Internet Research Ethics

The International Journal of Internet Research Ethics (IJIRE) seeks papers from researchers describing best ethical practices in the investigation of online communities. This special issue, edited by Aleks Krotoski, aims to create a compendium of case studies and theoretical frameworks which future scholars will reference when designing their own analyses of populations and practices in social networking sites, weblogs, listservs, online games, video sharing sites, virtual worlds and other Web environments that demonstrate evidence of community processes.

The special issue seeks to include submissions that introduce extensions to existing theories – including new frameworks for approaching the ethical
    issues that emerge in online communities and novel applications of existing offline ethics frameworks – and examples of best practice – including case studies of successful ethical solutions, both qualitative and quantitative research approaches, issues associated with international ethics practices, and changes to ethical approaches over the short- and the long-term.

While all forms of scholarship and research are welcome, the special issue will feature theoretically and empirically grounded study in the social or behavioural sciences.

To view the full PDF, including submission guidelines and suggested topics, click here.

Janet Salmons
    Keymaster

I am creating a follow-up book to Online Interviews in Real Time called Cases in Online Interview Research. It will be published by Sage Publications. Conducted scholarly research online? Propose a chapter! See http://www.vision2lead.com/Call4Cases.pdf. Post thoughts and questions here!

Janet Salmons
    Keymaster

Plan ahead to contribute to the Fall 2011 issue of the Academic Exchange Quarterly! Academic Exchange Quarterly, ISSN 1096-1453, is an independent double-blind-peer-reviewed print journal.

I will serve as “feature editor” for a feature on: Building 21st Century Collaborative Leadership Models and Theories. Details are online at http://tinyurl.com/21cleader Post your comments and questions…

Janet Salmons
    Keymaster

For my forthcoming book, Cases in Online Interview Research (See: http://tinyurl.com/e-interview2 ) I created a set of models and questions I am calling the “E-Interview Research Framework.” In mid-April I want to convene  2-3 online focus groups to get some input from people  who either a) teach research methods (qualitative), b) are on doctoral committees or c) are on IRB or other review boards. I’m interested to know what other questions or concerns they would have about a research proposal or study that uses online interviews for data collection. I will use what I learn to improve the model and related materials.

I am looking for a diverse group– and will schedule based on time zones etc. If you are interested, send me a note at jsalmons-at-vision2lead.com.

Thanks!
    Janet

Janet Salmons
    Keymaster

Special Issue on Higher Ed Marketing (Online) – IJTEM. Call for chapters.

Qualitative or case studies, or quantitative research about new or social media, virtual worlds in higher ed marketing, and/or marketing to adult and non-traditional learners are welcome. See the full call attached or online here. Please share–apologies for cross posting.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • The forum ‘Default Forum’ is closed to new topics and replies.