Case study questions

Home Forums Methodspace discussion Case study questions

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    Connie K Schultz
    Participant

My dissertation question is “How do nurses working in the inpatient hospital setting describe experiences with behaviors that compromise a healthy work environment.”  I am conducting this research as a case study in a large hospital in my state. It seems the more I read, the more I am confused.  What would be my case?  My data collection is two fold; interviews of staff nurses and nursing leaders that work in the inpatient setting of the hospital and second, reviewing organizational documents that establish expectations for behavior at the organization level and measures of the effectiveness of monitoring and managing these expectations. I had established that my “case” would be the organization with my unit of analysis, the results of thematic analysis of the interviews from the nurses/nursing leaders. After doing some reading, am wondering if my “case” would be “inpatient nursing department” or the collective “nurses who work in the inpatient area of the hospital”.  Any insight would be appreciated. 

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.