Case Study

Home Forums Default Forum Case Study

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

Happy New Year All, I am indeed a beginner researcher who is doing a study on the impact of service-learning in a post-conflict society and having a tough time with my methodology. I have decided to do a qualitative case study along with an interpretive phenomenology and truly don’t know where to start.

Dr Mike Lambert
    Participant

Romelle, happy new year to you too.  A good starting point is to work out your research questions – in case studies ‘How?’ and ‘Why?’ questions are often best.  The methodology itself should facilitate in-depth investigation, look at multiple perspectives about the issue in question, and include a range of methods.

For reading, I would recommend: Stake, R.E. (2005) Qualitative case studies, in: Denzin, N.K. & Lincoln, Y.S. (eds) The Sage Handbook of Qualitative Research, 3rd ed.  London: Sage.

Good morning Romelle,

Will you give us the operational definition, or your working definition of “the impact of service-learning in a post-conflict society” please?

Dr. Lambert’s comment is, of course, correct.  

If you are still working on this issue it would be helpful to know what the words mean to you before offering further offer guidance.

Best regards,

Ken.

Good morning Ken,

Thanks for your interest in this.  I am trying to find out what effect the service-learning program implemented in a post conflict society to combat trauma and rebuild communities had on the participants. Hope this clarifies a little. And yes, I am still working on this issue as I think its very important not only for this society but other PC societies.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • The forum ‘Default Forum’ is closed to new topics and replies.