Conversation analysis of single case : what about implications

Home Forums Default Forum Conversation analysis of single case : what about implications

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    nadiaa

hello,

for my master’s thesis, I have decided to approach my recorded interaction using conversation analysis. the data consists in one hour of authentic work meeting. and i am interested in highlighting the linguistic resources deployed by participants to reach theri aims. but I don’t know whether it is methodologically acceptable to state that the findings of my qualitative case study (being based on small data) could contribute to some fields of research, or have implications for practice (like business communication trainers, etc)

what do you think?

Conversation analysis does have practical application and has been used to make recommendations in various areas of practice. It is the sequential achievement of the conversational practice that is important in this type of analysis and these sequences will recurr and form patterns of conversations. You can have transferability of findings in qualitatitve work but you do need to be careful about the extent of your claims

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • The forum ‘Default Forum’ is closed to new topics and replies.