Critical ethnography

Home Forums Default Forum Critical ethnography

This topic contains 3 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Francisco Vieira 7 years, 11 months ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

Hi All

I am using a critical ethnographic approach to PhD research. I was wondering if anyone has any references for the use of cultural circuits model and prgamatic horizon analysis – apart from Carspecken’s work?

Woudl love to make contact with other critical ethnographers!! or ethnographers!!

Jennie

Francisco Vieira
    Participant

Hello Jennie,

I hope you do a good research.

Unfortunately, I do not have aditional references to tell to you about critical ethnography. But, unless you have been advised by your doctoral supervisor, maybe you can think about the possibility of adopting a new methodological approach. Critical ethnography is not an unanimous approach and, particularly, I still consider that it needs to have more evidences about its use and also, specially, about how it deals with the ideological matters.

Best wishes,

Francisco Giovanni Vieira

Dr Ann Lawless
    Participant

Hi Jennifer

welcome to the group.  I too use critical ethnography for my doctoral study, and was interested to see you are too.

For Johnsons “cultural circuits model” have you tried McClaren work of 97 or Kincheloe 2002??  If you enter the term in Google Scholar, it will show you these articles. 

Ann

Dear Ann

Thank you very much for your reply. I will follow these leads up. I appreciate you taking the time to reply.

Kind regards

Jennie Duke

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.