Data Mining

Home Forums Default Forum Data Mining

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

I am try to understand the meaning of data mining? What is data mining?  I’m thinking it’s like a hugge that stores data. Can anyone provide two examples from your experience?  Can you also recommend any literatures about data mining? What type of research situation would use only descriptive statistics? Is there any published literature I may review from?

What exactly is a regression line? What is a regression analysis? How does  one effectively understand and utilize regression analysis in a research study? Is there any journals I may look at for clarity?

Michael Rowe

Hi Rudy. I’m quite new to research and so a lot of what you asked is a bit out of my experience. Having said that, I think that data mining is done by using an algorithm to filter / search through large datasets in order to determine if there are any patterns in the data. You can have a look at this Wikipedia article for an overview.

Thank you Michael, I rearch it some more..

Deni sapta Nugraha
    Participant

there are countless of resources dealing with data mining as well as the statistical terms you curious for. . somehow, you should firstly define the purpose of data mining you use since it uses for different field and different way. You can read the book entitle, among which are “Data Mining, Second Edition, Second Edition : Concepts and Techniques,” Metalearning: Applications to Data Mining (Cognitive Technologies), Data Mining: Practical Machine Learning Tools and Techniques (Second Edition), for statistical terms you can read also the book “Multivariate Data Analysis (7th Edition)” the books are available everywhere 🙂

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • The forum ‘Default Forum’ is closed to new topics and replies.