Digital Inclusion Researcher meetup

Home Forums Methodspace discussion Digital Inclusion Researcher meetup

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    Hannah York

Hi,

I’m hoping to run a meetup in London or Sheffield in July for researchers looking at digital inclusion and wondered if anyone on methodspace would be interested in attending?

The main aim of the event is to put faces to names of those I’ve been reading the work of and to just generally get to know better others in the field and share more information about our work. Specifically for those on Methodspace I would be interested in learning more about the methods researchers are employing and the impact this has on their research.

If anyone would like to talk to me about attending or about possible topics of conversation please email me at: H.York@shu.ac.uk or via the site.

Possible questions you might have for me are:

Who am I? What’s my research?
    I’m a Knowledge Transfer Partnerhsip Associate working on a two year research project with the four South Yorkshire local authorities looking at digital inclusion initiatives, their impact and lessons that can be drawn from them for local authorities accross the UK wanting to takle digital exclusion in their wards.

What do you mean by ‘meetup’?
    Fairl informal event, everyone who attends would have to share who they are and what they’re working on. Numbers would be restricted to about 30 just so everyone has a chance to speak to one another and the topics can be limited to the interests of attendees and sorted in advance. Lasting about 4 hours unless the group wanted it to run as an all day unconference with the option to present and discuss specific projects. The intention would be for this not to be a one off event, possibly to run twice a year.

Best wishes,

Hannah

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.