How can I understand a garment labor’s psychological state in terms of Alienation?

Home Forums Default Forum How can I understand a garment labor’s psychological state in terms of Alienation?

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Gopal Dey

Hello!

I am a recent graduate in sociology. during my 4 years honors in sociology I had completed a course on “Social Psychology” in which I learned a little bit about how a man become alienated from the society. Being interested on the topic, I tried to study a lot. Meanwhile, I have made a tool by which I can measure the state of alienation of a person. Now, I would like to test the tool. For this reason, I need to conduct a study. Would you please help me how can I design the research?

Thanks in advance for your cooperation.

Dear Gopal, I share my experience of teaching my students on research. Therefore do not take it as final; just a thinking process.

You need to be clear to answer three questions; What? How? Why?

The what is answered by 1. You want to study alienation. It is alienation of a person or a group? If is is group is it for a garment labor, then is it geographic specific ( such as Coimbatore in India) or in a cluster such as in few districts. What made you to suspect that there is alienation for garment workers? why do you think that as a group they are alienated from the industry.( The alienation from society is different from that of alienation from Job).

The how? is answered: do you think quantitative research is sufficient and qualitative research is needed for your study?Then the variables; the process goes on. 

The most important is Why you study alienation vis a vis all the other dimensions?  I will be too glad to share my thoughts if you need any further information. 

Yours sincerely,

Dr.K.Prabhakar

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • The forum ‘Default Forum’ is closed to new topics and replies.