How to understand Qualitative Analysis

Home Forums Default Forum How to understand Qualitative Analysis

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 22 total)
  • Author

I’m currently in my first year as doctoral learner and I’m having a difficult time undertanding qualitative and quantitative analysis. Does anyone have any literatures or suggestions on how to digest this information? All opinions are welcomed.

Dr. Divya Sharma
    Participant

YOU need to search net and any book on research and u wil find looads of information.
    Divya

Dr. Divya Sharma
    Participant

you can search his link

Thank you Dr. Sharma,

Can you tell sir in your experience is what are the criteria for determining appropriate rigor in qualitative research?

Mithu
    Participant

Please note that some documents uploaded to this thread have been removed due to copyright infringement. Apologies for the inconvenience. Please refer to the Methodspace terms of use for further information.

Rudy,

I’d recommend the following book for starters: Creswell, J. (2009). Research design: qualitative, quantitative, and mixed method approached. (3rd. ed.) Los Angeles: SAGE. He is a brilliant author and writes in a very user friendly tone!

Dr. Taylor

Thanks but what documents are you refering too?? None was posted…

Thanks Dr. Taylor for the tip…

Hi Rudy,
    I would suggest that you also search for Joseph Maxwell’s book on Qualitative Research–it is a Sage publication. I found it very useful, and still use it as a reference point when writing up qualitative research.

Good Morning Pamela..

Thank you for your suggestions… much appreciated..

chiongbian formoso
    Participant

hi rudy,

mabuhay 🙂

there are lots of free and open source software (foss) available from the american cdc site that deals with qualitative analysis… i for one is trying to use amos… proprietary software are very expensive but they are very good however the foss counterparts are comparable in feature… what i am trying to tell you is that, with the availability of software that focuses on qualitative techniques – life is easier for researcher to venture into this particular methodology. through the software, learning the process is facilitated, some developers would even provide some tutorials that would help you learn to use the software and eventually undersand qualitative analysis… i learned a lot this way, besides my being a postgraduate student for nursing administration at the university of the philippines college of nursing. i am now in the preparation for my thesis proposal. by the way, i happen to work as a nurse researcher at the philippine general hospital nursing services, divisio of nursing research and development.

hope to hear from you soon…

chiongbian

Bren Peters
    Participant

Cresswell,J.W.( 2008) Educational research: Planning conducting and evaluating quantitive and qualitative research. Pearson Education, Inc., Upper Saddle River

Thank you, I will definetly explore that option…

Michael Crotty, 1998, Foundations of Social Research: Meaning and Perspective in the Research Process, Sage Publication Ltd. This is useful book for qualitative research

Kien Nguyen

Cresswell, J.W. (1998) Qualitative inquiry and research design: Choosing among the five traditions. Thousand Oaks, CA: Sage. A good book on qualitative research.
    And
    Cresswell, J.W & Miller, D.L. (2000) Determining validity in qualitative inquiry. Theory into Practice, 39(3), 124-130.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 22 total)
  • The forum ‘Default Forum’ is closed to new topics and replies.