INTERNATIONAL MEMBERSHIP FOR THE MIXED METHODS RESEARCHERS IS PARAMOUNT

Home Forums Methodspace discussion INTERNATIONAL MEMBERSHIP FOR THE MIXED METHODS RESEARCHERS IS PARAMOUNT

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author

Dear All,

As Professor Creswell points out, new ideas from us new armatures in research using mixed methods processes need to increase by admitting new membership globally. Especially in developing countries where research is done at owners’ interest not much is seen by governments as a major source  areas which can drive policy towards modernization of other sectors of national economies.

However, to me, mixed methods as pointed out by Prof Onwuegbuzie ,Leech and Collins all provide interesting areas of research process. My main problem for example when using mixed methods in a single case study such as a transport rail entity, which proper method of research can one use. For example can one use sequential mixed methods approach and or when is triangulation applied in analyzing such results.

Many qualitative researchers who are many on PhD panels seem to stigmatize the researchers who would want to pursue their studies starting with quantitative process then qualitative and I ask myself why force a student into their area of interest. It therefore leaves one to think that there is competition for a method to be used. Yet in actual sense there is no research which goes on without using mixed method thus why it comes out outstandingly to imply that mixed methods is gona be the best method to apply in one’s research.

My question as put above seek your contribution as to how I must or at what point must I triangulate my data collection and or data analysis.

Regards

Richard Gudoi

rgudoi@yahoo.com

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.