Learned Compassion Model

Home Forums Methodspace discussion Learned Compassion Model

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Dr. Robert H. Oxley
    Participant

To My Research Scholars & Colleagues:

I need your assistance.  A Research Group of my students are investigating Compassion and have run into a stumbling block in their literary search. 

They would like to identify research on the learned compassion model.  They have found research on compassion training but it is limited to meditation.  Are there other modalities that are studying compassion training/learning?  Also, are their scales to measure revenge in response to rudeness or feelings of being slighted?  It appears that aggression scales are non-existent.

Any assistance suggesting existing research on Compassion for these students would be greatly appreciated.

Regards,

Bob

—-

Robert H. Oxley, Ph.D.

Professor, Philosophy/Social Sciences

McDonald Center  Office 236  PH: 435.879.4221

Dixie State University

Email:  roxley@dixie.edu

Stephen Gorard
    Participant

Not sure it helps – but I have been looking at the possible determinants of concepts like empathy, trust and willingness to help others. See, for example, Gorard, S. and Smith, E. (2010) Equity in Education, Palgrave. Insofar as our design allows, the key issue appears to be how one is treated by others. Obvious I guess but interesting anyway to hear the stories backing up the large-scale regression models. 

Dr. Robert H. Oxley
    Participant

Stephen,

Thank you for your information concerning evidence on regression models.  I will pass on your suggested articles by Gorard and Smith.

Regards,

Bob

Dr. Robert H. Oxley
    Participant

Stephen,

Where should my students search to obtain your original “Equity in Education”?

Thanks,

Bob

Stephen Gorard
    Participant

Google is always a good start. Palgrave website? I am sure a copy of the book is in your library. If not….

Dr. Robert H. Oxley
    Participant

Thank you for the direction. I will pass it on to my student researchers.

Regards,

Bob

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.