Likert Scale and corelation

Home Forums Methodspace discussion Likert Scale and corelation

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    zahid jamil

Dear all,
                    I am a student. I am working on aproject” Perceived Organizational Support and Job satisfaction”. I used Likert scale in my wustionnaire. I have found mean of all questions. Now please guide me how I can get results from mean. Secondly how I can find corelaation between POS and job satisfactio.
    Regards!
    Zahid Jamil

Correlations between two likert-type scaled items (i.e., discrete ordered variables) are called polychoric correlations. You get an excellent guide here (the site also suggests programs for estimating the correlations):

http://www.john-uebersax.com/stat/tetra.htm

The basic idea of polychoric correlations is that the discrete ordered variables are manifestations of underlying continuous variables. Thus, the polychoric correlation (under certain assumptions about the underlying variables) reflects the correlation you are interested in (i.e., the correlation between the underlying continuous variables).

In Stata, -polychoric- is user-written command, which is excellent for running polychoric correlations. Download the command to Stata by entering -findit polychoric- into the Command window.

/Kristian

zahid jamil

Dear Kristian,
    My questionnaire has 16 items. First 8 items find POS and last 8 items find Job Satisfactio. I want to find relationship in these two variables please help.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.