Log of invitations

Home Forums Default Forum Log of invitations

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)
  • Author

Hi everyone,
    I thought it would be useful to keep some sort of log of any large groups we invite on here. Whilst it is useful to invite gatekeepers such as conference organisers and providers of training, it is also probably best if we don’t all approach the same ones.

I emailed the National Centre for Research Methods (NCRM). They are renowned for their events and training. Hopefully they will use the site to advertise their info. I emailed ‘info@ncrm.ac.uk’

Mithu
    Participant

Thanks Sarah this will be very useful
    Mithu

Alexandra Cuncev
    Participant

Thanks for this, Sarah. This will hopefully help me be a bit more organised on logging what I do:-)

I emailed Kandy Woodfield from Natcen and asked her to spread the news. I think she made herself a profile, so hopefully more will join.

Alexandra Cuncev
    Participant

Oops, lost my comment again… Just a note that Kip Jones emailed the PSS(performative social science) mailing list

Alexandra Cuncev
    Participant

emailed the BNIM (biographical narrative) mailing list

Good work Alex. As you will have seen I just invited all the PhDs and Staff from Sociology.

Mithu
    Participant

Wow you guys are keeping busy! Thanks for all of this – I’m running through a list of q’s and issues this afternoon to try and make sure we’ve at least looked at them all, even if they are not all a quick fix: will run through everything for the meeting on Friday later on too.

Mithu

I just sent an email and invitation to Mark Roche ‘mark.roche@the-sra.org.uk’ , Training Co-ordinator for the Social Research Association in the UK. I hope this will help open up the gates to a whole existing community of reseachers here in the UK.

I’ve sent out an invitation to the events organiser of the British Sociological Association, Liz Jackson.

Alexandra Cuncev
    Participant

I’ve sent out invitations to:
    CUPP (Community Partnership Programme – University of Brighton
    Homeless Link – organisation co-ordinating research on homeless people and Homeless Link Research Forum
    Research Ethics and Vulnerability forum
    Cheers
    Alex

I sent out an invitation to Elizabeth Stutchbury who disseminates information about the Research Methods Day courses at Surrey University. I suggested she might like to update the events part of the site to include Surrey’s training courses.

Hello everyone,
    Just to say that I am giving two presenations of my research this week to groups at Stanford. I have planned in a Methodspace plug at the end. So far I am providing a quick overview of the aims of the site and the facilities it provides. Of course I shall suggest people visit and join themselves. I am currently in two minds about mentioning the lower take-up of quantitative streams on the site.. but I am tending towards bringing this up. Both groups have strong quantitative backgrounds and being primarily graduate students, they might be interested in making their mark upon the site. What do you think?
    My presentations are Monday and Wednesday, so I’ll try to work any feedback you might have into them if there is time.

looking forward to speaking this week,
    Sarah

Alexandra Cuncev
    Participant

Hi everyone,
    I emailed Kirsty Johnson, head of Knowledge Transfer at the Economic and Social Research Council, asking her to post details on training that ESRC are organising in this area but also hoping that she might bring a contribution to the Knowledge Transfer group debates.

Good news. Liz Jackson, the Events Officer for the British Sociological Association got in touch today thanking me for drawing her attention to Methodspace. She confirmed that she thought it would be a great place for the BSA to advertise its events and said she would add Methodspace to their publicity file to ensure that they keep it up to date with events.
    Fingers crossed, since the BSA are a great group to have actively engaged i think.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)
  • The forum ‘Default Forum’ is closed to new topics and replies.