Looking for Mindmap or similar showing relationship of Qualitative Data Analysis Methods

Home Forums Methodspace discussion Looking for Mindmap or similar showing relationship of Qualitative Data Analysis Methods

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author

I am doing my Doctorate research using qualitative method. Currently I am in data collection mode which primarily uses interviews and structured qualitative questionnaires. 

I have been reading different data analysis methods used in qualitative. Everything I read a methods it appears to be applicable and then I come across something similar but called something different. Excuse me my little knowledge. For example on top level when I read thematic analysis vs. three level of coding process – it looks and feel similar.Looks like a lots of overlap. Then I come across content analysis and some unheard of data analysis methods like discourse analysis.

I am wondering if there is some mind-map someone came across which compiles the relationships and hierarchy of different qualitative data analysis methods in few pages. Any help?

I am looking for a quick visual aid to mentally categorize and link the various methods together. If such map is not known to exist, a tabulated comparison of different data analysis methods and mechanism used in each and applicability of each method to different type of research in qualitative space might work. 

Please help with information you have. 

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.