Members discussion

Home Forums Default Forum Members discussion

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author

Now this group is starting to develop and we have a few members I think it would be useful if we share our ideas and our interests.

I wonder if I can kick off some disucssion about sampling adequacy in language based methods such as Conversation analysis and discourse analysis. I find that the literature is a bit sparse around the issue of sampling for some approaches, particulalry in conversation analysis.

My colleague and I wrote a paper on saturation as we had concerns that it was being applied to all qualtiative methods when clearly it didn’t fit them all. If you are interested the reference is:

O’Reilly, M and Parker, N. (2012). Unsatisfactory Saturation’: A critical exploration of the notion of saturated sample sizes in qualitative research. Qualitative Research DOI: 10.1177/1468794112446106

Any comments or thoughts about sampling for these methods could make for interesting discussion.

I think it would be a good idea for us to use this space to share our ideas about issues related to language and interaction so feel free to start threads.

Best wishes

Michelle

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • The forum ‘Default Forum’ is closed to new topics and replies.