Method of analysis

Home Forums Methodspace discussion Method of analysis

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Taiwo Olaiya

What is the most suitable method for measuring governance?

Chris Preager
    Participant

It depends on your purpose and intended analysis. The Polity IV dataset is useful for broad statistical comparisons, and is a good example of coding. http://www.systemicpeace.org/polity/polity4.htm

Taiwo Olaiya

Dear Chris
    Thank you for your response. I can tell you that I found your response very useful for my work. I visited the site and it provided a good insight to my work. However, I like to enlighten me further on how the mode of analysis in situations where an independent variable is involved. For instance, my work is titled “A study of tax administration and burden of governance in Nigeria and Ghana”. Of course various variables would emerge like tax assignment, tax evasion, etc. These are independent variables that must be tested against dependent variables of governance like rule of law, popular participation etc. Kindly enlighten me further.
    Taiwo

Chris Preager
    Participant

I’m not sure if this is useful or whether I’m qualified to advise, but I think you need to devise research questions and hypotheses then choose analytical methods that test them.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.