Methodlogical issue

Home Forums Default Forum Methodlogical issue

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

I am doing research on the topic ‘performance of the textile industry in the MFA regime’ and i have set the analysis of export performace as one of the objectives. I am doing it on a regional level. When i am reviewing the literature most of the studies have used the GTAP analysis. But i am not able to apply that method on  a regional basis since it involved so many other sectors also. Can Probit analysis can be applied as a theoretical framework for my study. does anybody know about this please clarify?

Dear Greeshma, Kindly pardon me for my ignorance. GTAP Analysis is a robust econometric model and has wider acceptance. How Probit analysis is an alternative to it? Probit is a statistical tool. Is it possible give some clarification.

Dear sir,
    Thank u so much for ur reply. Since i am not from mathematics background i am not able to make out much from both the analysis. I have not done econometrics for my PG. So when i am reviewing the literature I can see most of the studies have used GTAP analysis. but all of them are country wise studies with the inclusion of multiple sectors. My study is based on Tamilnadu. So i am not able to apply the samething on a regional wise study. As regards the probit analysis is being concerned i dont know much abt that tool. I just came across such tool in few studies. sir, it would be of great help for me if u can clarify me in this issues.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • The forum ‘Default Forum’ is closed to new topics and replies.