Methods for analysing love in the social sciences

Home Forums Default Forum Methods for analysing love in the social sciences

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

It has been useful to mix methods.  A quantitative approach using word frequencies in Maxqda and semantic fields can help delimitate problems relating to love, eg. identity, gender, couples, power.  A qualitative approach reading specific articles and understanding which level of love they are dealing with (implicitly or explicitly) helps to compare different disciplines and ‘love contents’.  When I talk about levels of love I mean to say that love can be approached as a cultural discourse (which restricts and makes possible what is and how to express love socialy), as a structural constriction/possibility (which frames the material conditions of possibility for a love relationship), as a form which appears between two (or more) people and brings about efervescence, as an individual discourse and/ or practice (which can be in contradiction with the dominant cultural discourse), and as an individual experience (expressed in words but using mostly metaphores, eg. I feel butterflies in my stomach).

Rebeca B. Cena
    Participant

Muchas gracias Adriana!!! en breves te enviaré mis comentarios. Saludos!

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • The forum ‘Default Forum’ is closed to new topics and replies.