Methods for analysing research methods courses

Home Forums Default Forum Methods for analysing research methods courses

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    J Stanziola

I have been looking for articles on delivery of research methods courses, in particular in interdisciplinary settings. In particular, I am interested in exploring the merits of exposing undergraduate students to methodological debates v. encouraging more hands-on experience in developing research projects. (Of course, it all depends on what the objectives of the course are, but I wanted to explore what others have done in this area.)

Berkay Ozcan
    Participant

Hi J Stanziola,

I don’t know much about the other disciplines but there’s a sociology journal called “Teaching Sociology” which is published by American Sociological Association. I find one or two papers in every issue about “teaching methodological courses”. I think scanning this journal might be helpful. I remember for example an article by Jane Hood, 2006 about teaching qualitative methods using a special technique called “teaching against the text” (Teaching Sociology, Vol. 34, 2006 (July:207-223)). I am not an expert in this area but I think that is the right place to look for an answer for your question.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • The forum ‘Default Forum’ is closed to new topics and replies.