Mixed methods based on Critical Realism

Home Forums Methodspace discussion Mixed methods based on Critical Realism

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    AJ
    Participant

Dear all

I am writing a proposal and would very much like to find examples of mixed methods (based on critical realism). This would really help to clarify certain positions I’m struggling with. If anyone could direct me to any past researches I’d be extremely grateful. 

Kind regards

Fin

Hi Fin, Danermark (2001) is a seminal critical realist who argues strongly for mixed methods. The title of her article referring to this  is  INTERDISCIPLINARY RESEARCH AND CRITICAL REALISM – THE EXAMPLE OF DISABILITY RESEARCH. Though this article doesn’t give the  examples of mixed methods that you need, Danermark’s other publications and the sources she uses might do so.

A great article on the differences between methods and methodology is

Caelli, K., Ray, L., & Mill, J. . (2003). ‘Clear as mud’: Toward greater clarity in generic

qualitative research. International Journal of Qualitative Methods

I2(2). Retrieved from http://www.ualberta.ca/iiqm/backissues/pdf/caellietal.pdf

This article may provide some leads on CR-based examples of mixed method application.

Regards

Philippa Kethro

AJ
    Participant

Thank you so much..you have no idea how much I’ve struggled with this. I am all for it!

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.