Narrative analysis as an evaluation method

Home Forums Default Forum Narrative analysis as an evaluation method

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

I am looking for experiences in which narrative analysis has been used as a tool for project evaluation, particularly (but not exclusively) in the context of international development and media/communication for development.

It would be great if any of you who has been involved with or even just heard – through your work – about the use of this type of inquiry could let me know.

Thanks!

Tom Wengraf

The BNIM (biographic-narrative-interpretive-method) approach has been used in a number of contexts. A major use was BNIM interviews with staff and clients around a Healthy Living community centre in East London (UK), Bromley by Bow. This was a multi-authored three year study using a variety of other methods as well as biographic-narrative interviews. See Froggett, Chamberlayne, Buckner and Wengraf (2005).

There are other references in the free BNIM Short Guide and Detailed Manual’s Bibliography A. If interested, you or anybody else could write to me off-list (tomATtomwengraf.com) and I could send you an electronic copy.

You don’t say what your interest is, Valentina, it would be nice to know more…

Best wishes

Tom

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • The forum ‘Default Forum’ is closed to new topics and replies.