New Lab Course

Home Forums Default Forum New Lab Course

• This topic has 1 reply, 2 voices, and was last updated 9 years ago by Anonymous.
Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

I teach Research Methods and my department has decided to add a lab to the course.  Do any of you teach a lab with your Research Methods course?  If so, what do you do during the lab portion of the course?  I’m looking for ideas of what to do during the lab.

Thanks…….Stacy Andersen

Anonymous
    Inactive

i guess it depends on what kind of Research Methods you’ll be teaching so my suggestions only apply if you’re teaching quantitative research methods.

when i used to be a lab instructor we mostly focused a lot on getting people familiar with the software for statistical analysis and doing A LOT of examples of what was seen in class. the lab usually had less people than the regular courses so i guess more people felt comfortable with asking questions about parts of the lessons where they got lost. they also provided for me a very good opportunity for group-tutoring and reviewing for the exams. i guess in the lab most of the work that i did was working examples, examples and lots of examples, usually with more complicated situation than what one sees in class… for instance, if the prof is teaching about multiple regression and says something about transforming your data to satisfy the assumptions of normality, the lab portion would be handing students datasets where there are issues and doing sort of step-by-step tutorials on how to address those issues..

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • The forum ‘Default Forum’ is closed to new topics and replies.