Palliative and end of life care for homeless people

Home Forums Default Forum Palliative and end of life care for homeless people

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    Alexandra Cuncev
    Participant

I have had contact from Jo Black User involvement Project Manager at the National Council for Palliative Care who asked me to post the message below:

The National Council for Palliative Care (NCPC)
    is the umbrella charity working to support all those involved in providing, commissioning and using palliative and end of life care services in England, Wales & Northern Ireland. We promote the extension and improvement of services for all people with life-threatening and life-limiting conditions wherever they are needed. Our mission is to ensure that all those who need it have access to palliative and end of life care.

Palliative and end of life care for homeless people.
    We are exploring the palliative and end of life care needs of people who are marginalised, including homeless people and are planning to produce a DVD around this topic to help those who commission and provide services to do so more effectively. We would be interested to hear about experiences you’ve had in this area, for example, what do you find challenging?, what is particular about the end of life experience of people who are homeless compared with other people? and anything else you’d like to add. I know that you have already met with Peter Kennedy from St Mungo’s and we plan to work with him on the DVD.

Secondly – we’re interested in experiences of user involvement or engagement with people who are homeless. User engagement can be challenging at the best of times, but I imagine it could be even more so in your area. If you have experience of engaging with homeless people in order to shape services, or have had particular challenges, I’d be interested to hear from you.

Further information about NCPC can be found at http://www.ncpc.org.uk.
    Jo Black
    User involvement project manager
    National Council for Palliative Care
    020 7697 1520
    J.Black@ncpc.org.uk

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • The forum ‘Default Forum’ is closed to new topics and replies.