2nd April 2013 at 4:17 pm #1607Katie MetzlerParticipant
New Social Media, New Social Science? Blurring the Boundaries: One Year On
16th April 2013 at the Royal Statistical Society
Last year, SAGE, the National Centre for Social Research and the Oxford Internet Institute set up a network for social media researchers with funding from the National Centre for Research Methods. The aim of the network was to bring together researchers from across disciplines and sectors who have an interest in using social media within social research and we now have over 500 network members worldwide. You can see an overview of the network goals and activities and what we’ve achieved so far here: http://www.natcen.ac.uk/nsmnss/.
We have a few spaces still available for our one day conference event on April 16th 2013 at the Royal Statistical Society, 12 Errol Street, London EC1Y 8LX from 9.30am – 4.30pm. Places are free but are strictly limited: if you would like a place please contact email@example.com to request an application form.
For those of you who can’t attend in person we are running several online activities and events over coming weeks which we hope you can participate in:
- Before the conference we will be running a joint Tweetchat with the new @socphd group which will focus on the challenges and opportunities of social media research for PhD students. This will be on 15th April time to be confirmed.
- Ethics project: We are inviting you to contribute to our review of the current ethical guidelines for social media research; please take part here: https://www.surveymonkey.com/s/e-ethics
- NSMNSS in the future: We would also like to know what you would like the network to do in the future and what form you think it should take, please share your thoughts here: https://www.research.net/s/NSMNSSFuture
- We are running a One Year On Digital Debate on 23rd April 2013 to give people a chance to participate in the discussions arising from the conference. If you are interested in this digital event then please register here: http://nsmnssdigitaldebate.eventbrite.com/
- Follow @NSMNSS to hear up-to-date news on these online activities.
- The forum ‘Default Forum’ is closed to new topics and replies.