Power analysis/sample size for Path Analysis?

Home Forums Methodspace discussion Power analysis/sample size for Path Analysis?

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Adam
    Participant

Hello to all the experts. I came to this board on the recommendation of my advisor to ask for guidance about how to conduct a power analysis for a series path analyses being estimated as according to the Preacher and Hayes methodology.

I am in the process of submitting a grant proposal and my advisor recommended the inclusion of a power analysis in order to demonstrate both expertise in methodology as well as paying attention to important issues. It is a competitive grant process and I have already been vetted by external examiners from my department who think I have a very good chance, so I do not want to blow this up.

The problem I have is that I seem to be one of the very few people doing path analysis in my department  and most people just use G-Power to obtain sample sizes for their regressions and ANOVAs, etc. I think I have a good grasp of statistics (only within applied settings) but this really escapes me.

I really hope I can find some guidance here. I have no problem working on my own; I just need some good pointers of where I can start learning about this within a reasonable timeframe so I don’t miss my deadline for submission.

Thank you

Adam.  

Flore Jianey

I would like to know about sample size.  I am using a mixed method approach.  First a qualitative study using focus group followed by a quantitative study using a questionnaire for the generalisability of the result.  I would like to know is could be the sample size of the quantitative study.  My study is based on teachers’ beliefs about teacher education programs. 

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.