Practices and trajectories: A comparative analysis of reading in France, Norway, the Netherlands, the UK and the USA

Home Forums Tools and Resources Selected reading Practices and trajectories: A comparative analysis of reading in France, Norway, the Netherlands, the UK and the USA

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    SAGE Publishing
    Keymaster

Practices and trajectories: A comparative analysis of reading in France, Norway, the Netherlands, the UK and the USA

Southerton et al

Using time diary data to examine practices of reading, this article examines trajectories of change within five countries in the last quarter of the 20th century. It employs a conceptual framework derived from theories of practice to illustrate their application in a quantitative and comparative analysis of change in patterns of consumption. Also, it also provides a conceptual and methodological framework for the application of practice theories to the analysis of consumption and social change.

It is was quite intersting to read the article. I also feel after the intoroduction of internet and television reading of hard copy is rare,especialy in India. Mainly students other than the cademic reading under control coonditions and complusion read, and many do not read at all. this trend is more in southern oart of India.

It is also good to promote studenst community espcially to read more of books, journals other than the academic. Even students at Post graduate level also do the same.

It is sad indeed. In Swiss when I went they distribute news papers free, and I found people reading. there should be more mobile lending libraris to promote reading among all levels of people.

I have sister, my blood sister, who I know from the small used to read everyhting, infact those days things used to be raped in news or any magazine paper, which also she used to read seriously.

In any case it is nice article.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.