PRESENTING QUALITATIVE DATA/FINDINGS

Home Forums Default Forum PRESENTING QUALITATIVE DATA/FINDINGS

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Tade Oludayo

Doing qualitative study is very challenging especially when such is carried out among the very hidden group such as children in domestic service. But once this hurdle is scaled, the task is the best way to present the data. Can anyone intimate with the best way to present qualitative data as a body of research findings?

komunda

Hi Tade,
    This is Mabel from Uganda, Lecturer in Makerere University Business School in the department of Marketing.

I have always imagined that it is not fun to use qualitative methods in research and now you have confirmed my suspicion. the good news is that it can be done. Let me hope to learn and hear more from you.

Muir Houston

we would need to more about how you have analysed your data – is it coded by themes? if so, one way is to report findings based on the themes or concepts you used to decide on coding and analysing the data. then use indicative quotes to illustrate points you are making – or altenatively, look at published research inyour area – how do they report qualitative research?

Hi
    I’m studying the implications of of MICT use by local government and its agencies to adress social exclusion. I’m particularly interested in end user reaction and the social, cultural and organisational influence of MICT use in mobile settings.
    I’m comparing and contrasting a wireless city case to a proactive mobile benefit office approach. The former included two sub case studies: a woman’s refuge and a disability center. This is an exploratory study due to the speed and development of MICT and the ambiguous nature of exclusion which is difficult to define and hence difficult to measure. Most analyses of exclusion are performed via analysis of pre existing data sets. In a similar vein, most digital divide studies have been explored in a black box capacity. As snapshots. I.E. analysing the numerical spread of networked technologies from an access POV ignores the social, cultural and historial implications. My study uses grounded theory (at a fairly low level) and other qualitative methods of enquiry further along the continuum in conjunction with the analytcial framework of activity theory to explore and make sense of user participation scenarios. Two extended case studies were constructed. Data collection tools included interviews (semi structured and open ended; one focus group) and participant observation. I’m due to complete in March 2010

Divya Sharma
    Participant

You need to prepare a detailed tabular plan specifically containing the heads on which you want to collet the information.Take the information codify it and then place it under the predecided heads.The coded information will then need to be displayed tabularly and then analysed.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • The forum ‘Default Forum’ is closed to new topics and replies.