Q Methodology and SPSS

Home Forums Default Forum Q Methodology and SPSS

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

Hi everyone,

Could somebody help me with problem.

I am trying to study the relationship between two concept: university visual identity and reputation. For the study of visual identity I have used the Q Methodology based on pictures as Q samples. For the reputation I designed a survey.

I have finally managed to learn how to use the PQ Method software and analyze the data and extract the factors. The problem now is that I do not know how to combine the data from Q Methodology with the survey. I know that I want to perform one way analysis of variance with the reputation survey and I think the factors are the groups that resulted from Q methodology. But how do I need to put the groups in SPSS?

I imagine that probably I wasn’t that clear on this subject but maybe someone has experienced this before and could give me some advice.

Patricia

Matt Vassar

Hi Patricia,

If you want to compare composite score means on the reputation scale across factors derived from your Q analysis, couldn’t you simply use the output file from PQMethod to determine which participants loaded on each particular factor. In turn, you could create a grouping variable in SPSS based on your Q results. Of course, it wouldn’t account for cross-loaders, but it might be an option to think about.

Matt

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • The forum ‘Default Forum’ is closed to new topics and replies.