Qualitative interviewing by telephone

Home Forums Default Forum Qualitative interviewing by telephone

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Annie Irvine
    Participant

Hi all,

I’d be interested to hear people’s thoughts, ideas, reflections on qualitative interviewing by telephone and how it compares to face-to-face, specifically from the point of view of the spoken interaction and the data that’s produced. I’m working on an empirical study of this (info sheet should be attached if I’ve done it right!) and would like to make connections with other people thinking about/researching this issue.

Thanks!
    Annie

Christian Schmieder
    Participant

Hi Annie,

I’ve put together some thoughts on (phone) interviewing via Skype here http://squaremethodology.com/2011/01/initial-thoughts-on-interviews-via-skype/ 

Best,

Christian

Annie Irvine
    Participant

Thanks very much Christian, that’s great!

ILA ALLEN

Hi Christian,

I just read the information that you posted via the link and it was great.  I am doing a Netnography and wanted to use Skype for for my “phone” interviews which I see as a virtual F2F conversation.  Hopefully when I am ready to do this the IRB will not kick me to the curb.

Regards

Ila

ILA ALLEN

Hi Annie,

Thanks for the information and I found it very interesting.  I have yet to conduct my research for it will be online but I was curious about what methods I was going to use for online.  Christian posted the information on Skype and I like your current research as well for I was thinking about the F2F interaction or lack thereof when it is an online environment.  So keep us posted on your findings.

Best

Ila

Annie Irvine
    Participant

Hi Ila,

Thanks for your message. I’m attaching the summary of project findings here, as well as a link to a ‘Toolkit’ that is based on the project.

Annie

Toolkit: http://www.socialsciences.manchester.ac.uk/realities/resources/toolkits/phone-interviews/index.html

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • The forum ‘Default Forum’ is closed to new topics and replies.