Qualitative research on English as a Foreign Language Teacher Education

Home Forums Opportunities Competition – now closed Qualitative research on English as a Foreign Language Teacher Education

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Elba Debat

I am doing qualitative research on the teaching practicum of a Teacher Education program. My focus is on trainees and supervisors perceptions of trainees performance. I have collected data through questionnaires and semistructured interviews

Santosh Mishra
    Participant

Why did you choose to take up this study? What rationale do you have? What are the pedagogic implications of such a research?

Elba Debat

I chose to take it up because in my experience as a teacher trainer I have felt there is a dissonance between the perceptions of trainees and those of supervisors regarding the performance of the former. My aim is also to try to give a voice to student teachers as regards their concerns and beliefs about teaching and learning.

Santosh Mishra
    Participant

There lies a problem here. You should read a few more articles on how to capture beliefs and attitudes. You can have richer and more reliable data. Moreover, you should be very sure if you have to include trainees’ concerns and beliefs as that may divert your focus from trainers. Thank you.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.